Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Self-Reliance/Provident Living Position Statement



The principle of self-reliance is really a principle that if lived correctly, is a principle of freedom.  The Lord expects us to be self reliant so we can experience the joy of providing for ourselves, of earning our own way.  I have had times in my life where I have had to rely on others for my support and it was miserable.  Although I was grateful for the help, I felt a great deal of worthlessness and despair.  There are circumstances beyond people’s control where help is required.  But we should always strive to first, be self-reliant, and second, help others to be able to help themselves. I plan on doing this by doing better about living within my own means and developing a better self-discipline when it comes to spending on wants instead of needs.  I know that one of the best ways to obtain peace is to be self-reliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment