Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mental Health/Depression Position Statement



As someone who has struggled most of my life with the disease of depression and anxiety I was excited to study more about this topic from the gospel perspective.  I was grateful that it was acknowledge as a real, medical problem and not just a personal weakness.  Knowing that it’s not a personal weakness is so important to getting help and getting better.  I have learned that it’s ok to get medication, to get help.  I have learned that we are NEVER alone and that our Savior will always know how to succor us if we just ask. Prayer is essential to dealing with depression and I am so grateful to have prayer accessible to me whenever I need it.  I have learned that there is always hope through the Atonement and even though there may be times when life is dark, there is always light available through my Savior.  I will strive to remember that during the hard times and be ever grateful for the divine help I have to help me get through this trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment